Help a Loser

You know that guy...26 years but still lives his mom basement. No job but lots of college debt. The guy that get's made fun of countless times in the media. Well that me. I don't want to be that guy, but having figured out how not be such a big loser. So I created this blog to document my travels looking for advice that will help me from being a zero in to being a hero.

please give a loser some self help advice

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Help a Loser Trying to be more positive

I read an article in this month’s Black Enterprise magazine about the effects that ones out look can have on one’s life in a short article about a guitar player with no hands.

Anyways the article talks about how having a positive out look on life increase your chances of having happier healthier life.

Which made me think…”OK, fine I’ll try to be cheery and what not.” but then it hit me. I haven’t really been that happy for a long time. I almost feel like I don’t know how that feels any more.

Just being happy is a hard thing to do when you aren’t happy and there isn’t a catalysis to put joy into your life. Hell even when something good happens it seems like something horrible will come and knock that out of your mood.

At least that has been my experience.

And so I am stuck in a weird paradox…how does one force themselves to be happy when they are extremely depressed? How does one tap into happiness to improve their lot in life when they are not happy?

2 Comments:

  • At 11/15/2006 2:53 PM, Blogger anonymous said…

    hey dude.. Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think... so if situations are depressing dont feel bad abt it.. juss think abt whr you went wrong and waht you could do to correct it... good and bad tyms dont last for long.. jus think that its a transition phase and if u take corrective measures u can turn the tables... BEST OF LUCK!!!

     
  • At 11/15/2006 2:56 PM, Blogger anonymous said…

    hey dude.. Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think... so if situations are depressing dont feel bad abt it.. juss think abt whr you went wrong and waht you could do to correct it... good and bad tyms dont last for long.. jus think that its a transition phase and if u take corrective measures u can turn the tables... BEST OF LUCK!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home