Help a Loser

You know that guy...26 years but still lives his mom basement. No job but lots of college debt. The guy that get's made fun of countless times in the media. Well that me. I don't want to be that guy, but having figured out how not be such a big loser. So I created this blog to document my travels looking for advice that will help me from being a zero in to being a hero.

please give a loser some self help advice

Monday, November 13, 2006

Motivation tip that will help build up your self esteem

Last time I talked about the effects that thinking positive can have one your life. I wondered how does one start doing that when they naturally think more on the negative side.

After thinking about I realized that a big problem that I have is this fact that I usually look on the gloomy side of things instead of the happy bright side. It has gotten to the point that I even get down on myself and don't there is much use in trying because I will more then likely fail.

Hell it's so bad that if you think about the name of this blog, I am calling myself a loser. And truth be told I felt that way when I created it and to be honest still do a bit. But the fact that this is supposed to be about my journey of bettering myself I can see where this title could back fire on me (I am after all reinforcing my negative views on to myself.)

I realize I am going to have to stop doing this (being so negative toward myself) and figure out how to think more positive about me and msituationon.

Which brings me to a self-motivation tip that I found on a site called chickspirit.com, which was record yourself saying good, encouraging and empowering things about yourself. The lady running the site says record a message everyday but I don't think I can come up with that many good things to say about myself so I just recorded to message and play them when I am feeling really down.

And all though it hasn't turn me into Mr. Sunshine I have to say that they work, at least for the short term I do feel more upbeat after I listen to either of my messages. Of course it maybe due to the fact that one of them I recorded came off extra silly. I sang part of it, ok.

In fact it works so well I think I will record more things so I can have a bigger verioty of stuff. Right now my message are basically "you can do it, the power is with in you" kind of stuff.